Group 1 Resposne:
Instructive vs. Process:
The process is describing who does what, when they do it and under what criteria. Instructions describes how to accomplish the process of conversion input and output.
Group 2 Response
Instruction VS Process Map
Instruction is more detailed than process map
Process map is series of steps how to play the game
Instruction is full description and should cover all circumstances
Process cover a round of game or major process instead of all circumstance
Instruction more like explain things to readers and tell them what to do, process
map more like tell readers how to do
Process Map : http://www.rff.com/process_mapping.htm
Group 3 Response
Instruction vs. Process
- Language for instructions is more explicit and direct in order for the audience to know exactly what to do.
- Language for process maps is simpler and more concise.
- Process maps outline how an objective will be accomplished and allows individuals to analyze areas of improvement.
- Instructions have been tested and tried and are ready for use by a broad or audience.
- Process maps are more of the big picture concept, where as instructions are more detail oriented.
Procedures VS Work Instructions, Bizmanual: Policies, Procedures, and Processes http://www.bizmanualz.com/blog/are-procedures-the-same-as-work-instructions.html
Process Descriptions and Instructions, University Writing Skills
Process Mapping, NNPHI
Processes vs Procedures, Transition Support: A Flexible Approach to Business Improvement